AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Thursday, July 7, 2011

PVC Pipe


I found those cute little pocket charts at Target last year for a dollar. I wanted to find a way for my students to use them for making words activities. So here are the dimensions that we used. It was all made from 3/4" pvc pipe. The materials needed for this are:

2-22" pieces (sides)
2-16" pieces (top/bottom)
4-2" pieces (legs)
4 caps
2- 1 1/2" pieces (to connect legs to frame)
4 T-joints (2 for legs, 2 for frame)
2 Elbows (for frame)

(and a hacksaw to cut your pieces)
*I believe these can be spray painted if you seal it....I haven't done that, and may not because I don't want to mess with chipping paint.


*The Phonics Phones--there are 2 sizes here:

*The Bigger Ones were made with:
2-1 1/4" x 3/4" elbows
3/4" tube that is 1 3/4" long to connect the two elbows

*The Smaller Ones
2-3/4" elbows
1" Connector

I believe that the bigger ones are better for 1st and 2nd graders, while the smaller ones are better for PK-1. The bigger ones cost a little more to make. We made a class set (20) of the smaller ones for roughly $5.

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Thank you for this idea. I'm heading to Home Depot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! Can you post another picture of it with students using it? I'm such a visual person! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog. Its simply superb. Thanks for sharing

    CPVC pipes & fittings India

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews