Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know that they have been tagged.
Hmm...12 (fun? I dunno?) facts that I haven't already blurted out to y'all? Here goes
1. I've been told I sound like a little kid when I talk. I guess when people call MY house and ask ME to talk to MY mommy, maybe there's a little truth in it.
2. I am slightly OCD. I can tell if things have been moved and not put back right. It drives me CRAZY nuts. My husband will go around sometimes and rearrange things just to see how long it takes me to fix it.
3. My favorite color is purple---though I rarely wear purple.
4. I love making things and sharing them on my blog---I hope that others are able to use the things I post.
5. I am seriously content in staying in my jammies ALL DAY. Some people view it as lazy...but it's so relaxing.
6. I have never worn lipstick that I can remember---I guess I'm a glossy girl. Actually, I don't wear much make-up at all.
7. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a paleontologist. I was a little bit of a tomboy. I loved digging in the dirt, rocks. My mom used to get so mad at me for dragging in HUGE rocks from the creek with imprints on them.
8. I say if I ever won the lottery, I'd quit working and be a stay-at-home mommy and homeschool my kids. Hubby says that I'd never quit my job---he seems to think that even when I'm able to retire, I'm going to keep going until I can no longer go.
9. I don't like to cook. I LOVE to bake--not cook. Cooking involves way too much time. Give me a new cookie, cake, cupcake recipe and I will be gone in a blink of an eye.
10. My high school didn't offer many sports. We had cheerleading, basketball, baseball, softball, golf, volleyball, track and Cross Country. Yep, that's it. I guess we didn't need much as we were a small school. I only had 39 kids in my graduating class.
11. I have a brother and a sister. I was lucky to get one of each. My sister is one of my best friends!
12. My new addiction is Pinterest. I have to limit myself to 30 minutes or I go into my own little world and you can't bring me back.
Okay, now I'm going to Answer Megan's questions she has for her 12 friends. Here they are:
1. Do you have a pet? Yes, we have 2 cats and 3 rabbits. I also have 2 kids and a husband, does that count?
2. What is your favorite type of food? Junk food! I love me some reese cups!
3. Do you have a phobia of anything? Yes--it's called Glossophobia. I hate public speaking, speaking in front of groups, speaking in front of a big group of coworkers. Silly, huh? Give me a group of little ones and I'm good to go---put adults in front of me and I get all shaky.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? besides, Disney? Australia
5. Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks? hmm....combination?
6. What did you want to be when you grew up? Besides the paleontologist, I wanted to be a teacher.
7. Where did you go to college? University of Rio Grande--small college in Ohio
8. When did you realize that you wanted to be a teacher? 1st grade
9. What is your favorite grade level to teach? 1st
10. What subject do you like teaching the most? Reading, though I'm beginning to like Math too
11. What is one thing in your classroom that you feel like you can't live without? My projector/mimio
12. What is your favorite part about blogging? Sharing with people and hoping they can use the stuff I make--and the comments are always so nice to hear.
Christina at Mrs. Bainbridge's Class
Amy at Krazy about Kiddos
Sandra at Sweet Times in First
Deb at Oh My Little Classity Class
Heather at Heather's Heart
Delighted at First Grade Delight
Hadar at Miss Kindergarten
Hope at 2nd Grade Shenanigans
Kara at Treadwell's Math Adventures
Megan at Learning in First
Melissa at Life's a Teach
Sandra at Literacy Minute
MY TURN to ask questions. :) My questions are:
1) What is your favorite recipe? (Would you like to share?)--oops that's 2 questions.
2) If you could have a profession besides teaching, what would it be?
3) Are you a sports fan?
4) Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging and school related things?
5) What is something you won't leave home without?
6) Where do you like to vacation?
7) What is your favorite movie?
8) Do you have a special talent?
9) Who is your favorite CHILDREN'S author?
10) Do you think technology makes things easier?
11) Would you ever participate in extreme sports?
12) What do you like most about teaching?
Okay....long post, but I have to add a few more things. Here's a few freebies for you. We will be working on Long o/silent e this week. I've made a few things for to use. This is the pattern for their spelling words too for the week. I introduce the words on Monday with a pre-test, and we talk about the spelling pattern, and the sounds. We do the sorts on Tuesday as their morning work. The shape boxes we do on Wednesday or Thursday as morning work. Scoot is never "planned" we just do. It usually falls on a Thursday though. You can click each image to get the different activity/worksheet.
Long O/Short O Picture Sort
Word Shapes with Riddles
Would you like the Task Cards?
Or how about an I have...who has?
But we are also continuing working on place value with tens and ones this week. I've already posted some things to use for that, but I did make a Tens/Ones I have who has.
I know this has been a long post. I hope I didn't bore you too much...and hopefully you found something you can use with your kiddos!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! :)