AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Friday, November 2, 2012

Holiday Recipe Linky Party

I gladly welcome November here.  It means that the holidays are approaching.  I love Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I think they are without a doubt my favorite of the holidays.  It brings back memories of my family and the traditions that we had growing up, and I have carried many of those traditions into my own family.  There's nothing better than being with your family during the holidays----well, being with your family and EATING during the holidays! :)  So that brings me to this great linky......
Thank you Ashley for the button and great graphics!!  Fonts from Kevin and Amanda.


Coming up with the linky party idea was easy----but do you all know how much I like to bake??? It's hard to narrow down the recipes.  Notice I said BAKE...I do NOT cook very often.  Cook reminds me of vegetables and fruits and all that good for you stuff---I like my sweets :)  I know that the recipes I'm getting ready to share have been around for years, but nonetheless, they are a few of my favorites. Enjoy! :)

Recipe #1--My Mom's Sweet Potato Souffle 





Recipe #2--Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Recipe #3--Strawberry Gelatin Punch
Photo source Taste of Home


Finally, my Christmas tray of goodies (I do bake/sell from home, so I can't let you in on all my little secrets lol), but I will share with you one of them on this tray.



The above would be Chocolate-Mallow Cookies.  I took these to a bake sale for my daughter's 4H and they were gobbled up as quickly as they were set out. I've had requests to make these and bring them wherever I go.  They are pretty yummy.  My brother-in-law loves them...with ice cream! ;)  You can click the picture above to get a copy of that recipe in Google Docs.









Link Up!!

19 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds fun!! I think I have a few recipes up my sleeve. I will be linking up soon. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoodness that strawberry pretzel dessert looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :))
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun linky! I can't wait to join in once I get my act together and have some spare time to cook/bake!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Now I just need to come up with a recipe. :) Ha!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nomnomnomnom... I love me some holiday home cookin'!

    I will be linking up soon friend :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These recipes look great. I think I'll be bringing the strawberry pretzel dessert to our staff holiday lunch!


    Dee:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those treats look amazing! If I had to pick a favourite Xmas treat it would probably be butter tarts. Yum!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to get all the recipes. Thanks for this wonderful linky party at such a special time of the year.
    Arlene
    LMN Tree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I love all of the recipes. What a great idea. So glad to be a part of this delicious Linky Party! :)

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting this! These are some great recipes! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. I finally figured out how to do a linky party :), but I just can't figure out how to add your turkey graphic to my post. I've saved it to my desktop (or I thought I did), but for some reason it's not saving as an image. I'll get the hang of this with time. By the way, I LOVE pretzel salad...salty-sweet goodness!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews