With recent events, I have decided that I wanted to continue spending time with my kiddos--away from texts, and just having fun. I want them to be able to come to school, learn, and enjoy it while they are there. I think that are so many things that I can do using picture books, that I am having SO MUCH FUN! I love the holidays---getting away from basals and text books and just kinda "letting loose." My students really enjoy when we wrap a whole day's worth of learning around a book, or a "theme". With only a few short days before break, I know I am late in coming up with this idea. If nothing else, it will be there to refer back to for next year. Allow me to introduce my FABULOUS idea:
Here's what you need to do if you are a blogger:
1) Think of a December holiday picture book.
2) Create a freebie to go with it. It can link to your blog or store. It can be a writing prompt, craft, math themed worksheet, etc--as long as it's free. It can even be one you've posted previously. (Please don't link it to a paid product.)
3) Grab my button, put it on your post and link it back to this post.
4) Link up with your post. Remember to use the exact address of your post, not your blog.
If you are a follower, here's what you need to do:
1) Check back here for new posts with freebies.
2) If you find something helpful, please leave a comment. It makes us happy! :)
I will start. I am loving the Bad Kitty Books. My son has been reading the chapter ones as well--so I just KNEW I had to have this one.
I love this book. It's great to teach the meaning of Christmas, to review ABC order, to discuss nouns and verbs..I could go on. There are a lot of things you can do with a picture book. Here's what I'm going to do with my kiddos.
I've been having several fast finishers as we are reviewing. I've also had 6-10 kids absent due to illnesses. This little activity will be perfect for me to use.
Here is a writing prompt too. Students will write how Kitty changed in the story.
You can click the picture below if you want to grab your freebies.
I realize that I'm very last minute on this. I think there have been many other things on my mind, as well as yours I'm sure. I hope that finding some Christmas freebies along the way will give you more things to enjoy in your classroom. We love our kids. We are there for our kids. We always will be.
Let me know if you can use them. :)