AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Tip


Quick little tip on using connecting cubes.  


 This is a great little manipulative for using tens and ones on a magnetic board.  Snap ten connecting cubes together for a ten, and single cubes for ones.  My students were just as engaged (if not more so) with place value going "old school" as they are when we are using computers/mimios/projectors.

It's quick, simple, and CHEAP ;) 

AND NOW A LITTLE TECH TIP

I played around on Screenr this evening, and thought it was a neat little tool.  Here's the link:

I thought that I would try to make my first video tutorial using it.  
I shared it on FB, and thought...why not put it out there for everyone?
Mind you, this was my first time---my cat jumped up on my bed where I was working about 50 seconds into it, I sound like a little kid, and I think I cut myself off in the very end.  BUT, I thought I would share nonetheless.  I talked a little bit about screer, and how to use google reader.  I hope someone finds it useful. 



3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your tutorial!
    Perfect for a sub!
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Screenr! I'm going to screen video...umm....everything!!! lol I thought people were just really good at holding a camera in front of their computers. Oh...#TechFail, lol.

    I love those tens/ones. I was wondering if they magnetic tape was sturdy enough. Good to know it works.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews