AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Tip

I mentioned in yesterday's post that this is testing week for us.  When we have testing week, I'm always looking for little time fillers, as our specials schedule is rearranged (and sometimes nonexistent).  I shared a few read and draws yesterday.  You can click (HERE) to see them.  Regardless if it's testing week or not, it's always nice to have a few simple time fillers.  For example, have you ever been pulled to the office "for a quick minute" and need someone to cover your class?  Have you ever had to run a child to the office, or check in on a sick kiddo?  Having these time fillers makes it easy if I need to run out for a quick minute while someone watches my kiddos. 

I made a quick dice fact family game.  You can use this with Dice-in-Dice, or regular dice.
If using Dice-in-Dice, I would only use one and then one regular die. 
 They can add up the first roll with the dice-in-dice, then add on the third roll. 
You can click the image below to grab you a copy from Google Docs.
My students love math games. 
Earlier in the year, I was using activities from this packet.
(Click the image to see it on Teachers Pay Teachers.)

Today, we also did shaving cream.  We practiced our Wilson's Fundation sounds and words.   We also practiced writing math facts.  Another great time filler (And it makes the room smell so nice!)

Ohh, and see that little guy in the green shirt in the first pic?  
That's the author of this book.  
He choose the background paper, border, graphics, fonts, etc.
He made sure to tell me exactly how he wanted it to look.  
All I did was type it up and put things where he wanted. 
(If you would like to read it, you can click the cover page above.)


Okay, I had a few friends email me after the last video and asked how do I get my images I put in my blog post.  Below is a tutorial on that.


I also made a video on how to link it from Google Docs.

Have a good night everyone!!
It's almost Wednesday!!  WOOT WOOT! ;)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I will be trying this soon! Google Doc linking is new for me.

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews