AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Number Recognition Game

Happy (almost) Friday!!  We made it another week.  I'm telling you though, I'm EXHAUSTED!!!

I posted on FB that I thought some of my kiddos last year were a challenge, but BOY, God must REALLY have Faith in me.  I always say everything happens for a reason. 

Mother Teresa once said:


Which brings me to my memory verse for the YEAR!

I can do this!  We can do this!


For those of you who don't know, I teach in a low socio-economic school.  We have free breakfasts and lunch--and I don't want to be stereotypical---but usually that means some learning gaps in some students.  Gaps that I desperately want to fix.

Today we continued working on the short vowel a.  This book seemed to be a hit.
Next week, I will be able to use the stations in this pack--and my goal is to make our cat tomorrow.  
It may also become a station next week! :)

Click HERE to see it on TpT.
Click HERE to see it previewed with a freebie.

We also worked on number recognition to 20 again.  
A lot of my students can orally count, but become confused when asked numbers randomly, or to write a given number.  I started with Kindergarten Common  Core standards.  We will master those numbers to 20 during our intervention block.  I'm also hoping to begin guided math groups soon. 
This can be a skill we work on during that time too.

When reviewing our numbers, I had my kiddos use their number line 
and touch the numbers as they counted.  
I also held up the number for them to visually see it after they attempted using their number line. 
*Note, I just use ones cubes for markers/chips....simple and easy to pass out. :)
They seemed to like our quick little Bingo game.
 But I made it during lunch, and I wanted to "cutesify" it just a bit.

And I thought--MAYBE, someone else could use it too?
It's print friendly, and would work well for small group games (There's a set of 19 though)

So if you'd like, you can click the image above to grab yourself a freebie. :)


Have a great night, and a happy Friday.  



 

3 comments:

  1. I seem to have a similar situation as you do with my class. They are going to be a challenging group this year! We just have to keep the faith! Your quotes are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute freebie, thank you. Gotta love Nikki at Melonheadz right?!? :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews