AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Friday, January 24, 2014

Differentiated Worksheets for Common Core

Hey all!!  What a week!  Between a holiday, snow day, delays, and other appointments, I'm proud of myself for still standing!  (Okay, I'm actually sitting at this point--but you get the idea!)  There's something about those 2 hour delays though.  They can be exhausting.  I think it's because I try to cram so much learning into such a little time.    

Now, I'm usually one to LOVE LOVE LOVE these delays and snow days, but it's starting to spoil me (sleeping in and more family time), and cause chaos in my room (not enough routine as of late).  So what do I do on these crazy days?  I hate to say I wing it (in case my admin is reading....EEK), but I mean, the plans change a bit when you only have a few hours at school each week.  I'm not alone in this am I?  

So what do I do?  I review.  I even created a worksheet pack specifically for these kinda days (Hence the name of "Waddle We Do Now".  The kids started them this week.  They did well.  

This morning, I had these pages on their desk when they came in. 
 
They are always used to having a morning work paper on the desk, and I make modifications to their page or give assistance as needed.  Their morning work is usually a page they can do without a problem and is a review of the previous day's skills.  Today, they said---Mrs. Davis, you didn't give us all the same paper.  I replied with an I know, and said I think you will be able to do what is on your desk without a problem!    Can I just say that my class did AWESOME!! 
 I told them how proud of them I was.   

Friends, I do love teaching.  I love first grade.  This year I have faced many challenges (more so than previous years).  If you've followed me for a while, you know that I teach in a low socioeconomic  building.  Many (over 3/4) of my students this year were PrePrimer when they came to me.  
I'm AMAZED at the growth I've seen this year with them.   
 So when I say I was so PROUD of them, I truly am!!  

That's why I'm so happy with this new pack.  
It's going to make my kiddos feel successful.
It's geared toward common core.
It contains 2 sheets per skill.
One sheet per skill is modified.
Differentiated Worksheets

 You can check this out on TpT.  


If you would like to try out the sample pages, click the images below.
Differentiated WorksheetsDifferentiated Worksheets

 

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about having to be flexible. I love that you have differentiated the same pages. We have been using some of your sorts this week with our intervention groups. Love your stuff and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the freebie. Your pack looks great! Jayne
    Smart Kids
    ABCs of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree ... the change in routine is doing a number with my kiddos also! Thanks for sharing your talents with us! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never have late starts, or at least we haven't since I have been teaching. I can imagine, it is tough to get it all in. I like having the day off for a snow day, but I sure don't like what it has done to my schedule. I am a week behind in Treasures and I'm not sure I will catch up. there is so much introduced each week, I just don't think I could do it justice trying to do two weeks of work in one. Your pack is TERRIFIC!!!!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that these are differentiated! I hope you make them with different themes (spring, fall, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  6. The posters made it quite easy to substantiate all those facts which are said to be even more importance and hopefully these will prove to be better in this regard. ieee format generator

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews