AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Word Family Workstation--A Sample Freebie!! :)

Happy Saturday!  I am so glad that I got to enjoy my bed just a little longer this morning.  I'm still a fairly early riser, but just lounging around without having to get everyone up, beds made, etc---was just a nice feeling!  There's something about that first week back (or two weeks)--I have a hard time getting into the swing of things until about mid September.  Then reality hits and I have to realize summer is officially over. 

That reminds me, one of my friends and I were talking about the life of a teacher.  People often give us a hard time because we get our summers off, but we start a new job every year!  It may still be the same grade level, or subject area, but the experiences aren't always the same.  Then we often forget what our classes really are like at the beginning of the year as we are still in that end of year brain mode.  It's difficult to get back to the swing of things.  

But, I'm here today in hopes of bringing you a couple activities that will help you get to it with ease!  Easy prep for you, fun for kids! :)

First, one of my favorite packs is this:
Back to School Stations-First Grade
This pack includes rhyming, counting/number recognition, base ten (11-19), beginning sounds bingo, making ten game, and uppercase/lowercase recognition.  It was a favorite of my firsties in the beginning of the year as well as using it with some Kinders at the end of the following year! :)  
You can click the image above to see it on TpT!


This summer, I made a set of non-fiction reads. 
Rainforest Reads--Fluency Reads
 I was hoping to use them with my Title kiddos to help boost their non-fiction reading scores.  
I notice that non-fiction is always an area that we are lacking. They were created as a fluency read, but they do have a comprehension piece to each read.  There is a sample freebie on TpT if you want to try it with your class...just click the image above to check it out. 

One more---and it is a 20+ page freebie! :)
Word Family Building-First Grade and Fabulous
 With this pack, I have included a game for up to 4 kiddos that you could use at guided groups
or in workstations.  It is for the -ap, -at, -an and -am families.  The game is a colored version.  
Then, I included an activity that could be used independently.  Think Daily 5--I think/hope---
I'm still new to the Daily 5 routine.  
The independent activity will have students building their own word family house, then reading, writing and stamping the words they built.  This activity is a black/white version.  It would look great on bright colored paper/cardstock!  I am excited to use it with my kiddos this year! :)
You can click on the image above to download---please be kind and leave feedback! :)
**If I know that other people can/will use them too---
there's always a chance for a short e version that could be next! :) So leave that feedback! :)
I hope you enjoy what's left of our weekend and have a GREAT week to follow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Paying off your auto quick is something many individuals are getting some information about, they have to proceed onward to purchase the following thing they have planned in their life, yet it is critical to comprehend the idea of how this procedure functions. Cash Advance

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews