AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Purr-fect Sentences

I've been trying to plan lessons, games, centers and activities for the past few days.  I was reading through my basal (for those of you who don't know---I was teaching 2nd for the past 3 years, and now moving back to where my heart lies...first.) and there's sooo much that happens in this reading series in first grade---I almost forgot how much they were throwing at them so quickly, for example..Unit 1.1 of our Reading Series (Treasures) works on sentences, and fragments.  Personally, I feel this is a hard concept, so I thought what better way to practice than sorting them. I am planning on using this as a center or possibly an "I'm finished, now what" activity.  Purr-fect Sentences could be laminated and then use magnetic tape on them for a cookie sheet sort.  (By the way--I just LOVE this cat this one and the one on the document...they're soooo cute)  I hope someone can use it---he's too cute not to use! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews