AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Vowel Teams

I was watching youtube videos, trying to scan and preview them for my class (to save on time at school) and I found the OLD (don't want to use that word because I watched it in school lol) School House rock song.  How awesome! :)  I started a pinterest board with some of those great songs and videos.  If you get time, you may want to check it out! I haven't added a lot to it yet, but hopefully as I find more, I will.  :)

Our skill this week is long O with OA and OW.  I teach these through the phonics dance as well as Treasures.  Hopefully my students will find these easier than the silly ee and ea pattern we had a couple weeks ago.  Though we have the Treasures workbooks, I feel there is never enough practice in them.  Here are a few things that I made to help practice this pattern.


Here are the reading to help with fluency sheets.  These have the phonics dance chunk and saying on them.  (Actually, the OW is not the one that goes with the Phonics Dance, but I feel it will work better with my kids.)



Here is an OA and OW sort.


Here are some shape boxes and word riddles.

12 comments:

  1. DeAnne,

    Probably a silly question, but how do you make the shape boxes. :-)

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I just finished this skill a couple weeks ago, but I will use it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I just finished this skill a couple weeks ago, but I will use it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resources! My students need a review of the 2 vowel rule, "the first one does the talking, the second one does the walking". Thank you for sharing:)

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deanne,

    I just gave you an award...come by and check it out!

    http://www.glitzyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. We just finished studying these vowel sounds.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so this may be a silly question but when you say phonics dance where are you getting these from? Is it School House Rock or somewhere else? I think it's a great idea and I'd love to do the same. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! It was so great to visit your personal blog and to read this article. Also I want to know one thing. Have you ever practiced guest blogging?

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews