AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Sunday, August 19, 2012

*Back to School Blues*

This picture pretty much sums it up.

I was so ready to go back to school.  I was SOOO excited to go.  I love my job.  I love first grade.  I love that I'm going to have my own little guy in my room (I had his sister in my room when I taught 2nd), but now that I HAVE to go back.  I don't wanna!!  Funny how that works isn't it?

There's something about summer vacation.  It is a nice long break.  I'm good the first two weeks we're out, then I'm all about getting ready to go back.  Then, the weekend before, BAM!  I realize my summer's gone and I have the back to school blues!  *SIGH*  

Remember my video, of my room.  The one where I walked in, walked around in circles, and left?  Well, that's how my classroom still looks...sorta.  I put a few things away, but I have piles all over my room.  I worked off and on in my room last week.  Then I stopped long enough to get in one last trip with my kiddos.  We went camping for the weekend.  Look at how peaceful this view is.

 Makes it hard to have to come back to reality. 

At least Monday-Tuesday are talk work days.  I can hopefully get something accomplished.  We do have meetings tomorrow, but have some time to be in our room.  Open House is Tuesday night, so I HAVE to be ready (or at least put on a good show!)

Hmm.....funny how we work hard on our own time with little to no recognition.  I don't expect it of course.  I do it because 1) it makes my life easier if I go in and prepare/set-up and 2) an organized teacher is hopefully a less stressed teacher! :)


I hope to post pictures soon of my room.  Though honestly, I didn't change much.  I just reorganized a few things here and there--like my tables--because I keep getting MORE students.  If I get any more kids in my room, they are going to be sitting in the hallway for instruction because I will have NO place to put them.   I say put a cap on my room! ;)  Apparently I'm not allowed to make such decisions....if only I ruled the world! ;)

Anyhoo....I've been thinking of my first day of school with kiddos.  I know I made the coloring sheets a couple weeks ago, but I needed MORE.  I don't think I have any "specials" the first day of school, and I wanted something that would get them using their school supplies, checking fine motor skills, and assessing prior knowledge.  I made a simple pattern page if you would like to click on the picture to grab you a copy.


 Happy back to school everyone!!  Now that summer is over *sigh*  I hope to be blogging and sharing more.  I wish you all a great school year!!
 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope you have an awesome week!! I'm pooped just thinking about going back to work! LOL

      Delete
  2. My daughter LOVED the picture. She said she felt just like that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shifting gears is always tough, but once the routine gets rolling the momentum builds up. Alternative teaching license

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews