AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday--Peanut Butter Eggs


A few weeks have passed since I've had a What's Cookin' Wednesday, but spring break started this afternoon (a whompin' 3 days off from school, but I'll take what I can get) and I was itchin' to get in the kitchen with my kiddos. 

Today's recipe:
Peanut Butter Eggs 

If you all have followed me for a while, you know that my weakness is chocolate and peanut butter--Reese's Cups more specifically (well, Reese's Eggs, Reese miniatures, Reese minis--I'm not picky, but surely you see the pattern here)  I LOVE Reese anything. ;)

BUT, let me tell you friends, as much as I love Reese's, I think I love this more!
 I love them so much that 5 minutes after I was home, I was doing this!

 That's right---mixing up a batch!  I was craving something sweet, and since starting that silly diet I deserved a little sweet! ;)  (*Side note, those GNC Shakes really work--and I get full real easy!)


All you need is a few simple ingredients (the ones pictured + marshmallow cream, butter, and sprinkles to make it look pretty!)

 Basically you throw it all in your stand mixer. Mold it into little egg shapes.
I like to line cookie sheets with wax paper, and them put them on it.


Stick them in the fridge to firm up a bit.  It makes dipping easier!

Dip them in yummy chocolate.

Let your kids help you every step! :)
Add sprinkles---add drizzle (it makes them look pretty!)

My future employee right? Look at the drizzling  :)

 Maybe not your husband---his is the big glob! :)
 Let them harden.  Store in fridge--after you eat a few! :)




So my pictures may not be the best quality---but we did do this as a family (which is QUALITY time!)
We've made them for a few years now (posted the recipe on FB last year).  It's definitely a hit with me, and most importantly, my family--not just because it tastes AWESOME, but because nothing beats time spent with family, right? :)


If you'd like a copy of the recipe for yourself, click the image below.


**And, I'm just one step closer.  Look what I made! ;)
 (Except I have the phone number on the cupcake on the business card) ;)
Someday friends, I will get that store front--until then! ;)



10 comments:

  1. Well these look fabulous! I too love all think peanut butter and chocolate. You have know got me craving Reese's peanut butter eggs! I'll have to try this out!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make these ASAP! They look amazing! I love reeses peanut butter eggs. My favorite easter candy.

    Ashley
    Flying High in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh Yum! One of our parents made homemade almond joys and they were dangerously delicious-these look like that same category. These look amazing!

    Thanks for sharing-our thighs don't thank you!
    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good! I love anything PB and chocolate!

    Love that your kids are helping out :)

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very proud of myself for getting out of the grocery store yesterday without grabbing one. The kids look like they are having so much fun! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to pin this to remember it! My husband loves anything peanut butter. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!! My husband loves PB and Chocolate - so you have made his day! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi DeAnne,
    This looks wonderful! I pinned it so hopefully others can check out your recipe, too.
    Have a good week!
    Michelle
    Teach123

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews