AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Monday, April 29, 2013

C is for Cupcakes of course!

 C is for Cupcake!
 Let's change that---C is for Cupcakes for ME!  :)  
As much as I love my kiddos, I took these cupcakes (pineapple based cake, cream cheese buttercream) to my neighbors and coworkers--AFTER I ate a few one ;)

SPEAKING of cupcakes--have you seen this AWESOME message?

Okay, back to school stuff--Friday was the letter C in our ABC countdown.  We did activities for If You Give a Cat a Cupcake.  I used Erica Bohrer's activities from her Laura Numeroff pack. 



We read If you Give a Cat a Cupcake, and If you Give a Moose a Muffin and completed the Venn Diagram that is in the pack.  They enjoyed both stories.



We also did the cat craft that's in the pack.  Last year when I did the stories, I was working on fractions in math.  I remember using Jen Ross's (AKA Teacher's Cauldron) example for fractions for my kiddos along with the If You Give A Cat a Cupcake Craft.  


This year, we're still reviewing fact families, so I combined Erica's and Jen's ideas again! :)  
Thanks ladies for being so full of great ideas!

I had students pick two colors they wanted for sprinkles, and I gave them some of each color.  They had to write the fact family sentences to go with their sprinkles.  

 Some of the sprinkles had doubles facts. 

We hung them up in the hallway.  They turned out cute! :)

Today, for the letter D.  We continued our fact family review using dominoes, while they were enjoying donuts as an afternoon treat.    




With the domino page, students were given a domino to start with, and then they exchanged their domino with a friend.   They repeated the process a total of 3 times.  I think they enjoyed today's activities, and I know they are looking forward to the rest of the countdown. They do love guessing what their treat is.  I posted on FB Friday night that I jokingly told my class that I think we should have a Quiet day for the letter Q.  I had one student pipe up real quickly and say well that means for the letter L we can be Loud, and for the letter P, we can have a Party.  I got a chuckle---what a fast thinker, right? :)

  If you'd like a copy of the domino page, you can click the image below.  

The cute border was made by The Bubble Blonde.  
Click HERE to see her graphics store.

Happy Monday!! 
Have a great week! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your comment about muffins.lol Thanks for the freebie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that cupcake recipe! Please share it if convenient! ahenry4443ah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! And HA! I love the frosting/muffin poster :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH-my-word! This post is one of my favorites so far...ever! I love cupcakes almost as much as I love my hubby (gasp) so I can definitely appreciate the muffin quote, ha! Your fraction craft is so darn cute!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the freebie. Your cupcakes look yummy!! Do you have a recipe??
    I look forward to your blog posts!!
    Marcy
    marcy_sundling@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That muffin poster is hilarious and oh, so TRUE! Your class pictures always look so fun, DeAnne!! :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews