AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday--Reese Lover's Dream!

Oh my--I almost forgot how to sign on and write a post it's been so long! 
How ya been friends?  The past month has been a bit of a whirlwind for me.  With the school year winding down, going on vacation as soon as school was out (Why do I do that to myself?), and cupcake orders (WOOT WOOT!)--who has time for housework?
I'm trying to find time to balance everything I want to do, and I think I've ruled out sleep.  If I don't sleep, I can get everything I need/want to do done. Sleep is overrated anyway, right?  

I have enjoyed my little break though.  We all need one once in a while.  Give me a few weeks out of school, and I'm raring to get back into school mode, but we will hold off the school posts for a little while longer.  I know some of you are just now starting your vacation, so let me introduce you to a nice little treat for yourself! 
 
 This is a Reese Lover's Dream! :)  
We frequent our Amish bakery, and my daughter is hooked on their Reese Dream cookies.  She asked if I could try to recreate it, and here it is.  It's hard to beat the taste of the Amish baked goods, but my kiddos said that this one is better!  
WOOT WOOT..score one for Mom! ;)

So welcome to What's Cookin' Wednesday--I figured this was an easy way for me to get back to my blog after my little vacation! :)

I made these using a flourless peanut butter cookie base.
You just need a few simple ingredients.
 Ignore the mess--I am NOT a neat cook! 

 Yep, that's all that I put in there---
BUT, what is a cookie without a few bag of chocolate chips?


I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper, used a cookie scoop, then rolled them tighter by hand and flattened them just a bit.  I baked them for about 11 minutes.  
 

I let them cool for about 10 minutes (should be on a cooling rack, but I HATE washing dishes, so this worked just fine)  before working on the icing.  
I squeezed icing on one cookie, placed another cookie on top of the icing, iced it some more. Then splatter melted chocolate and Reese cups.

It was quick and simple.  
 
You can download a printable recipe by clicking on the image below. 



5 comments:

  1. Those look so Yummy!!!! However, I'm sure they are not part of the DASH diet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you, but I'm glad you are having a great summer, I think I will feel like I have had a good summer if I can just get my house organized. lol I do need to do a few fun things with Delaney. She would love to go to Disneyworld, but it's just not in the budget. I think she will really like these cookies. Thanks!

    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Deliciously evil I'd have to say. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be a happy girl if I could get by on 5 hours of sleep. So much to do, so little time :))

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews