AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Place Value and Friday Fun with Scoot

We've been working on place value with tens and ones.  When I gave my students an addition activity, some of them began to get the two mixed up. For example they were writing 9+2. When they went to write the answer, they wanted to write 92.  I think they were so used to writing 9 tens and 2 ones that they didn't think about what they were doing.  In other words, they aren't mastering something, and I need to find another activity to continue reinforcing this skill.

Then when we did our centers (which I, I mean  the kids, LOVED LOVED LOVED the St. Patty's centers this week), a few struggled with expanded form.  For example, they went back to writing 9+2 instead of 90+2.  Again, somewhere we have a missed connection.

SOOO----
I haven't played Scoot nearly as much this year as in past years.  I regret not doing that because this class truly loves it.  It is such a fun way to review concepts and the movement is great for my kiddos as well. Are you wondering about Scoot? If you click HERE you will find directions I put on my blog a few years ago.

Tomorrow for a Friday Fun activity we will be playing Expanded Form Scoot. 
I asked my FB followers if they preferred colored or black/white---so ASK, and you shall receive. 


 I'm hoping to create a Scoot Pack of Math Activities for Firsties, but for now, I hope you enjoy this expanded form freebie.  You can grab it by clicking on the image below!!
Expanded Form Scoot-First Grade and  Fabulous
 
Happy (almost) Friday Friends!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews