AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Snapshot of our Week

I am a horrible blogger.  
I have a hard time remembering to take pictures of all the great things we do, all the fun we have, and all the work they take such pride in.

I'm a horrible blogger. 
I have a hard time keeping up with all the great things other classrooms are doing, following blogs, leaving comments, sharing their great ideas via links on FB or the blog.

I had such great intentions years ago when I started.  I wanted to share ideas and resources. 
I wanted to continue sharing freebies that may be useful for others in their classrooms. 
I wanted to blog EVERY night.  
*sigh* I'm a horrible blogger.

What am I though?  A busy mom, a busy wife, a busy teacher.
A resource for the Resident Educators.
An Advocate for Parents. 
 (I want to share ideas/resources and strategies understand how to help at home.)
I'm a resource for my First Grade team (even though that's not my job title anymore).
I'm....maybe even a little EXHAUSTED.  
That's what I am.

But I am also Blessed without measure!
I am so thankful for all the good in my life.
(Did I ever mention that I finally bought land---in the COUNTRY!!) 
For the people I've met, the friends I've made
and my supporting followers!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me!

Now let me show you a little peek into our week.

Remember I now teach Kindergarten-2nd grade Reading Intervention, 3rd Grade Reading with Science in Mind, and 1-2 Math.  My day keeps me hopping, and organization is a must.  But I'll be honest, a lot of days during my lunch, I'm working on my math intervention pages.

Thank goodness for My Cute Graphics for having some graphics available for my last minute ideas.

Like this math page my first graders worked on today.
We have been working with cubes, tens frames, and today we revisited the number line. 
Fall Number Line Subtraction
 We also ended up with a new Math Series this year.  We are using my Math.
One of our activities for first grade this week was vertical subtraction. 
We worked with dominoes and completed this activity.
Domino Subtraction
 My 2nd graders have been working on skip counting by 2s, 5s and 10s.  
Today's focus was skip counting by 2s. 
We colored in numbers on a hundred chart and discussed the pattern. 
But today they had so much fun working on our spinner game. 

They were honestly excited working on this.  
One of my little girls was hoping there was a back side. 
Skip Count by 2s

 In Reading, we are working on a variety of skills.
One group is working on silent e.  This week we did Long i/Silent E.
We are working in notebooks, so this page below was part of our interactive notebook.
Students wrote the name of the pictures on the top of each flap and glued the picture to the inside of the flap.  We used the headers to sort our pictures before gluing them in our books. 
Long and Short i-Interactive Notebook
My Kinders are working hard too!

 

 I have to admit I have struggled with Kindergarten.
I have taught first grade, second grade and even fourth grade during my 15 year career, but Kindergarten scares me!   I almost feel like I have a little bit of an idea of what I'm doing now.
I mean if I'm seeing them make progress, we're on the right track, right? :)

 They have really enjoyed the activities that I included in my first set of beginning sounds. 
Click the image below to see this on TpT. 
Beginning Sound Pack-First Grade and Fabulous


I also wanted to share some freebies with you.
If you have liked the items above, please click on the image to grab yourself a copy. 
And again, thank you for all the support you have given me!
It makes my heart happy!!! :)

 

2 comments:

  1. As I was reading the beginning of your post I thought about doing a copy and paste over to my blog. haha I made my first post since August tonight and it wasn't as near informative as yours was. Are you liking the new position. My friend at my school loves being the intervention teacher, hope you do to.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the freebies! they will come in handy! We are doing addition, subtraction, and skip counting right now, too. Our new math series is called Stepping Stones and so far I do not like it. :(

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews